? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Proverbs 31 Woman


Ann Phelps is named after Mimi






I could spend all day trying to write the perfect blog post to describe my grandmother (Margie Jones) and it still would not truly do her life justice. She passed away Sunday, February 21. This is the first time I have lost a grandparent. God has blessed me with very healthy grandparents who have lived into their 80's. My grandmother was such the epitome of a faithful Christian servant. She would "preach" to us all the time about God's grace and His love for us. Not only using words, but living as an example of a true Christian. Whenever I read Proverbs 31, she comes to mind. She truly lived that way! Not only was she a faithful Christian, she was a true Southern lady. Manners were very important to her. She even took us (all the grand kids) to manners school. She taught us how to be gracious in every situation. Some of my favorite memories of her are: sitting by her in church, spending the weeks with her in the summer, getting letters from her, hearing her praise the Lord, sitting at her fine table for special occasions, her calling me "lovebird", getting books from her, her beauty, her faithful devotion to her husband, she was always happy - she always saw the bright side of everything, her love of tennis, taking us on special trips all the time, she would never eat on paper plates if she could help it - she would take the food out of take out boxes and put it on china, she always had snacks, she was always so interested in my life, playing cards with her, her love for my children,etc.. I know I have a million more memories, I am sure another post will come soon! Pray for my grandfather, he has lost his bride of almost 62 years - he is heartbroken. But we know for sure Mimi is in Heaven where she has always wanted to be - praise the Lord!!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

I really enjoyed reading this post.

She sounds like a wonderful woman who I know will be missed terribly. I am so happy for you, that you have such wonderful memories of her. I feel it is quite evident by your example, that you have many of her same qualities.

I will definitely be praying for your Grandfather. I couldn't help but think of him throughout the day yesterday, after I read your post. Even when I was about to go to sleep last night, with John snoozing next to me, I hoped that 60+ plus years would bring us a love like that.

In my thoughts and prayers.

Sunday's Child Clothing and Heirlooms said...

Grandparents truly are a special gift and great grandparents even more so! I am sorry for your family.