? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, July 11, 2008

Explained: It's a God thing!


First, let me apologize for the poor quality of this scan. I am not the most computer-literate person. If you squint, you can see a tiny butter bean - that is another miracle God has given us. I am due February 22. Rhyne and I were (and still are) in such shock when we found out. I felt like I had just gotten adjusted to having just two! I feel like I need to explain why this is such a miracle to us. When Rhyne and I decided to start a family, we wanted at least four children (God-willing). In 2001, we began trying. This is when our infertility journey began. After many surgeries, tests, tears, negative pregnancy tests, and so much more, we turned to in vitro fertilization. Going through all of this, my faith was on a roller coaster. I would love to say that I never doubted God, but I did on a daily basis. I couldn't understand why He gave me a desire that was not fulfilled. Then he answered our prayer, we found out in January 2005 that we were pregnant with TRIPLETS! When we found this out I thought finally, God had answered our prayer for a full house (it wasn't the four we had planned, but we had only prayed for one this go around). So many of you know our story, but I don't think you know what I was really feeling during all of this. As you know, I gave birth to three boys on July 12, 2005 (at 27 weeks). God was so good (I really mean that), He gave us the one we had prayed for, Will. I lost the twins (Matthew and Harris). It was the toughest thing I think I will ever go through! I thought I had God figured out - He made me pregnant with triplets to fulfill my desire for a full house in one pregnancy. Why do I ever try to figure God out - no one can ever truly know why God does the things He does. I do find comfort in knowing that the events of that day did not catch God by surprise, He had it planned - that makes my spirit calm!! I wish I could say that I always trust God and never try to question Him, but that would be a lie!! I do have to say that despite the wide-range of emotions I have felt since July 2005, God has never left me feeling alone. He has been the constant in my life. I will spare you the soul-searching and revelations I have gone through since Will's birth. I am writing this post to give glory to God. He has done a marvelous work in our life (mine and Rhyne's). Everything you have witnessed us going through is nothing we have done - it is truly a God-thing. After Will's birth, I felt hopeless that he would have any brothers or sisters. After all, I could only get pregnant with the help of doctors - God brought glory to himself and crushed that thought! What a miracle Ben is! Now I find myself pregnant again with another vessel to bring glory to God!! It can't be explained by science why I can now get pregnant naturally, but God had this all planned - it is a God-thing!!! Many would look at my situation and pity me - being pregnant with another child this soon. I don't see it that way - for so long I thought I could never be pregnant. I will not trade God's timing for my timing. He created me, who else better knows what I need!! So, after all of this rambling, if you only take away one thing - take away that God deserves all the glory and all of this is a God-thing (that explains it)!!!

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Beth,

I love this post and you are certainly right. It is a God thing! HE knows what is right for us and when.

Thank you for sharing such a personal story with us. Even though we don't talk all that much, you are a constant reminder to me - that those things we dream with our heart - really can come true.

The O'Brien Family said...

Thanks for sharing, Beth!!!! Congratulations and what a testimony to the Lord's goodness!

The Downings said...

What a wonderful post and what great faith in our Lord you have!! Congratulations! I'll be in constant prayer for you and your family.

Janet Lea said...

Congratulations, Beth! God makes us walk through valleys only to reach the mountains!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I know you are a great mom!!!!

Mrs. O'Neal

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to have another newphew or niece!! I LOVE BEING AN AUNT LOVE YALL

ELEANOR