? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What gets me through it

As many of you know, I have terrible morning sickness. It lasts all day. I have experienced this with every pregnancy. Every morning I wake up and dread the day ahead filled with sickness. The sickness is worse each time because I have another child to care for. I really want to be a fun mom who wants to play games and pretend with my boys, but the all-day sickness keeps me from this. I hate to admit that Will has probably watched more hours of TV in the past three weeks than he has watched in his entire life! And poor Ben, I force him to take a nap every two hours, just so I can lay down!! One day Will found me lying on the bathroom floor - he didn't say a word, he ran and got a blanket and laid down with me! It reminded me of why I was willing to go through the "yucky" stuff - to bring a new life into this world. I also had another revelation about morning sickness. I am constantly asking God why he would give me this that I don't feel I can handle. I lean on the promise that God will not give me anything I can't handle. Not that God owes me an answer, but He gave me one. He knows me. He knows that I would be worrying 24/7 wondering if the pregnancy was going like it should. He gives me the sickness to calm my spirit. The sickness lets me know that this new life is developing like it should. He knows I need this reminder (constantly) to calm my fears. So, this gets me through the day and I try not to complain too much. Don't think I am super woman - I remind Rhyne all the time how sick I am!! I still complain. But I thank God for this "yuckyness" because without it, I would worry non-stop!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! This encouraged me today, as I face a week w/o Roane here to help me when I feel like crashing. I'll be praying for you!

The Downings said...

You're in my prayers! I hope you get to feeling better!