? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, May 6, 2012

First Annual Girls' Weekend

I say first annual because we had such a great time, we are planning to repeat it!! Christina has spent months preparing this special weekend for us.  She sent out an itinerary telling us what supplies we needed to bring - gift card, fabric, old jewelry, a $5 gift.  She even left us a gift of pj bottoms a month ago at each girl's front door.  We didn't know what games or crafts Christiana had in store for us, but we knew it would be special.  We made magnetic message boards that turned out so cute!!  We played a purse game - Christina had a list of items and if it was in your purse, you got points - whoever won got to choose where we ate dinner Saturday night.  I won and picked for us to eat at Local 463 in Madison.  Because the weekend fell on a busy weekend for events - it was Cinco de Mayo, the Kentucky Derby, Talledega, a Super moon and Amy's bday weekend- we tried to celebrate everything (except NASCAR). We made our own Derby hats - that AP has now claimed.  As we were making our Derby hats, we drank Margaritas in honor of May 5!! Today as we had our "last" meal of the weekend, we let Amy blow her bday candle out!! This was such a great weekend.  Now days, I don't need a 5 star resort for a girls' weekend-  a get-a-way to Pearl, MS with great friends is perfect!!  I am blessed to have Christina who loves her friends so much and really cares about our mental health - knowing how desperately we need girl time!! I am also blessed she brought two new friends into my life - Christy and Amy!!! I can't wait for the next girls' weekend!




One of the fun games we played

Magnets we made from old jewelry

Happy Cinco de Mayo

My Derby hat - Christina made fun of all the stuff on my
hat so I even added more to make a point ;-)

Love my new message board



AP is sad she didn't get to do all the fun
girls' weekend stuff

I made Ben try this on
*I must brag on my sweet hubby too --- this was his first weekend to be with the kids totally alone all weekend - with no help! I had no doubt he could do it, but I expected to get many texts/calls.  He didn't "bother" me the whole weekend!!! I even text him to check on him b/c I didn't hear from him.  I even came home to a clean house!!

0 comments: