? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, January 9, 2012

Silly City Dog



I grew up in the country and around hunters! My Dad still has hunting dogs that love when the weather gets cool so they can hunt. Rhyne and I aren't strangers to the hunting dog behavior. We own a black lab who just returned from Hunting Dog 101 camp - he is now a "Duck Dog" (the first lab we have owned that will actually hunt ducks ;-) ) The problem is Otis has acquired a taste for hunting SQUIRRELS . This wouldn't be a problem in the woods or in the country BUT in a subdivision where the squirrels are big and fat and there are neighbors around- it is a problem. He can't wait to get out of the house in the early morning to run to the fence and "tree" a squirrel. Then he barks non-stop for 45 minutes trying to let me know "I got him, I got him, I got him -shoot!"!!!! It is so funny to see the big, fat squirrels staring down at him and "barking" at him. They make this chirping sound like "ha, ha you dumb dog"!! My Dad let me borrow a training collar to help Otis learn that he can't hunt squirrels in the city - he has to wait until he visits his country cousins!

0 comments: