? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, August 5, 2011

Must be a Girl-Thing



Those who know me, remember the days when I stated that I wanted 4 boys and couldn't imagine being a girl-mom. I have admitted many times on this blog that I am so thankful God knows me and knows exactly what I need. I really didn't know how enjoyable little girls can be. I told Rhyne the other day that if I knew how easy having a girl would be, I would have wanted more!! Let me explain: Ann Phelps is 2 years old. She can change her pull-ups, put her shoes on the right foot, she can dress herself, buckle her seat belt, I can ask her to go do something for me and it gets done correctly the first time, she helps me with things without me asking, she even dresses and puts Ben's shoes on for him! Will and Ben are not this helpful. I think it has something to do with the "motherly gene" in little girls. She wants to help and takes pleasure in doing things for me. Now, I am not saying she is perfect, she does bully her brothers and can throw a tantrum like none you have ever seen, but overall, she is my little helper. In the last two weeks, I have been observing her and how much she has grown this summer. This is the down-side to her being so mature. Because of health problems, she is my last baby. (I of all people know God has HIS plan and can give me another at any time) I have this urge to keep her from wanting to be so mature. I want to keep her a baby as long as I can. I have always heard girls mature faster than boys and I can testify that this is true - this makes me sad. When the boys reached age 2, I couldn't wait to put them in a mom's-day-out program so I could have a break from having to "baby" them - now I am sad AP will be in a program for two mornings each week. I know it sounds crazy and it sounds like she is my "favorite" - I don't have a favorite, I am just recording my thoughts on the difference between my sweet boys and AP! Will and Ben each have qualities that make me fall in love with them day-after-day. I guess I am just posting this to remember how helpful and sweet AP was at one time in her life because I know this will not be the case when she hits the teen years (ha, ha)!! I do keep reminding myself that even though my "baby" is growing so fast, I still have Ben who will need me to come to college with him to help him put on his shoes and underwear before class each day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Marmoo said...

Do you not remember what mom sent us about middle children the other day? I am sure Ben will be fine by then!!! HAHA!