? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A kid again




Today's kids seem to get whatever they ask for. I am guilty, as a parent, of spending whatever just because it is what my child "really" wants! When I was growing up that didn't seem to be the case. When I was between the ages of 7 - 12, I received the American Girl Doll magazine every year right before Christmas. I would look at it and fold the pages down to mark the doll I wanted. Kirsten was the one I really wanted. Now my parents didn't tell me I couldn't have the doll, they did, however, let me know that a doll that cost $100 would be the ONLY thing Santa would be bringing me!! I don't know why I never got the doll (my sister got Samantha one year), but all of these years later, I have still secretly thought about it! Last year I saw where the American Girl Doll company was retiring Kirsten. She would no longer be available!! I told my husband about this and how I had always wanted this doll and how I would love for Ann Phelps to have her! I know it sounds silly for an almost 32 year old to still want a doll, but I guess we all have our quirks! Well, last Christmas came and went and I missed my chance to buy Kirsten before she became retired forever. That is until my sweet, wonderful, loving, caring, thoughtful husband found one (brand new) on ebay!!!!!!! He just surprised me with my very own Kirsten!!!! For a minute, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning!! In case you are wondering, I will not be "playing" with Kirsten - I will be saving her for my daughter! But it is not the doll I will remember, but my husband's thoughtfulness! I have already started planning a trip to the American Girl Doll store with AP!!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Awwww, that was so sweet of him to buy you Kirsten. He's a thoughtful guy!

Emree wants an American Girl Doll for Christmas. I didn't realize they were that expensive... yikes, guess I can take that one of my list of things to consider for her.

Hope y'all are doing good. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Don't u love american girls! I loved them and had Samantha! I have all the old clothes and furniture when ap is older she can play with them! Faith and I were obsessed! Ha
Eleanor