? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Living on a Prayer

Ok this post will have no pictures! But it is worth documenting! Rhyne has been an 80's rock fan for forever! When we began dating in 9th grade (17 years ago), he introduced me to all of the classic 80's stuff! He has many favorite bands, but Bon Jovi has been the band at the top of his concert wish list! Being the great wife I am (ha), I surprised him with Bon Jovi concert tickets for Christmas! Not only was this for him, but me too - getting away with my hubby without the kids is always a treat!! We went to Dallas last Friday (April 9) to begin the weekend. My cousin Chase and his sweet wife, Rachel, took us out Friday night to dinner and a Texas Rangers baseball game. The game seats were awesome - front row behind home plate! Rhyne got to talk to Ken Griffey,Jr. every time he came up to bat (he plays for the Seattle Mariners, but our seats were at the fence by the "on deck" for the visiting team)! It was very sweet of Chase and Rachel to treat us to a fabulous night!! Saturday we shopped until the concert at 7:30. All I can say is "wow" about the concert! I am not a huge concert fan, but Bon Jovi was awesome. I think I liked it so much because the songs took me back to when Rhyne and I were crazy "in love"! Their song, Living on a Prayer, was our theme song! It is always good to get back to just us- me and Rhyne. We felt young again. I will not go into detail (Rhyne can post about it b/c he can make it sound soooo much worse), but I fell after the concert in the street in front of everyone. I was trying to take advantage of not carrying around kids, so I bought some high heels to look really cute for my husband and feel like a woman instead of a mom - let's just say I should stick with the flip-flops! I guess I couldn't walk in the heels! I came away with a nasty scrape - the waiter at the hotel after the concert saw my leg and felt so sorry for me, he went and found me a band-aid!! Despite that, it was such an awesome trip! It makes me realize we need to get away more often!! Oh, we don't have pictures worth putting on the blog because we used Rhyne's cheap camera - I didn't feel like carrying my big camera around! We will have memories, though!!

2 comments:

Davidson Family said...

The best concert ever...well, right up there with Aerosmith!!! He really does put on a good show! I wanted to stay and to the one Sunday night too :-)!

Kay & James said...

James & I are so glad you both had a great time in Dallas. Wow!!!!I cannot believe you had just fantastic seats at the game. Awesome. Sounds like the weekend was a blast from beginning to end. I know it will be a trip you both always remember. It is always good to get away just the two of you once in awhile to keep sweet romance in the marriage. We love you both & of course Will, Ben & AP. I'm sure they all were having just as much fun as the two of you with the grandparents. Love ya, Kay & James