? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

G-free for me!


Many of you know Will has been experiencing stomach issues for the past 2 years. His symptoms have gotten worse in the last 6 months. When he began withdrawing, not wanting to play outside, not wanting to go to school, etc.., I decided to take charge. I found a wonderful GI doctor, Dr. Ulmer, who was very pro-active in finding out why Will was so sick. After some tests, she found he has Celiac Disease. It is genetic, so there is a great chance Ben and Ann Phelps may have it. I have two cousins who have it, so I have some great support. It is overwhelming at this beginning stage. I have been reading everything available to help me better understand what I need to do to keep Will g-free! To me, no matter what it takes, I will do it if it means Will will be able to have a better quality of life. The last two years have been tough! God has blessed us with an answer and a diagnosis we can handle! I am posting a picture of what Will's lunch looked like today - fresh fruit, carrots, and polenta! He has really gotten on board with a new diet - he has started asking me, "Mom, will you look up ___ and see if it is gluten free?"! Poor thing, he is probably excited to be eating food that doesn't make him sick!

0 comments: