? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, March 31, 2012

It Begins.....

Me, Amanda, and Christina

At least I finished smiling!

My sweet husband was there to cheer for
me and take this flattering pics of me

Many of you know I once was a runner.......a long, long time ago! I ran long distance races in high school and college.....sadly, my body isn't the same. I began running again this past January to "get in shape" - since I will have no more children, I knew it was time to tone up again. If you want to feel your age - run! I have made it to running 4 miles every time, but because my body is old, I can't run every day - I have to run every other day. My sister friend, Christina, began running and asked me to go with her one day- this led to us planning our racing career. Our big goal is to run the Princess 1/2 Marathon next February at Disney World. We plan to do a bunch of 5k's and half marathons until then to "practice"! I usually go for my runs at night when Rhyne is able to watch the kids. My kids were sad at first that on those nights I would not be able to do the Bible story/prayer with them before bed - I explained that if mom didn't practice, we couldn't go to Disney World for my race! Now the kids say, "Mom, go run so we can go to Disney!"! This weekend was my first official race. I ran in the Viking 5k in Greenwood today. I did ok - I wanted to do better, but I have not be able to run in the past 2 weeks due to 2 sinus migraines. I think I did good considering the hiatus. I ran three miles in 30 mins. I did learn a lesson, I shouldn't drink red wine the night before the race - this made me dehydrated and I threw up half way during the race! Lesson learned!!!! All this to say, I am glad I finished the race and look forward to improving and making it to 13.1 miles!!

1 comments:

Mama Y'all said...

Woo Hoo!!! We finished! Good luck training. Maybe we'll see y'all in Disney if I can keep my motivation...and convince the hubby that's a good reason to go see Mickey. :-)