? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, March 24, 2011

How can I complain?

Today has been one of those days - a day where I have been convicted around every corner! I wish I could say that I wake up each day refreshed and excited, singing "This is the Day..." as my feet hit the floor - it is more like "KIDS, wake up we are LATE, get up, brush your teeth, we don't have time for breakfast, etc......!!!!" ! Now, there are plenty of days I am not the Screaming Banshee Mom - I just wish those days outnumbered the hairy ones!! All this to say, God has really been "dealing" with me lately. I have been going through a season of self-reflection and I can honestly say, I am so thankful God is dealing with me. For the longest time I have had a hard time being joyful, not "happy", but joyful. You can be in the depths of woe and still have joy in your heart. One of the books I am reading to help me with my joy-issue is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I will be honest, her writing style is very dramatic and rambling, but there are so many golden nuggets that it is worth the trudging you have to do!! I am not doing a book review for this post, but I had to mention this book! It has really made me stop and think and even change my life!!
All this to say, today, God has really opened my eyes to the small, yet huge, blessings I have every day! My day began with Will's speech therapy. We have to be at the public elementary school at 7am on Thursdays for Will to receive FREE speech therapy. I shouldn't complain about something that is free, but leaving the house at 6:30am with kids who don't like to wake up, is NOT fun!! Anyway, I sit in the parking lot while he has therapy and this morning I got to see two handicapped buses pull up and drop off sweet, precious students who can't walk (who have to be in wheelchairs). WOW- do I ever stop and thank my Heavenly Father for the simple blessing that my kids can walk and run?? Do I ever stop and thank Him for the gift of sound from their lips - this is hard when I have heard "MOM!!" a thousand times! But really, how convicting?
The next event today was a long-awaited message from a friend who has FINALLY been blessed with a child she has longed for, for so long! I said I would NEVER forget the tough journey of infertility, but I have to admit, I sometimes take these sweet miracles God has given me for granted. Not only did He give us a child - He blessed us with three here on earth and two in Heaven!! And I still can't find joy!?
I am working on this daily and I am so happy God has opened my eyes to see the gifts He so graciously gives that I never stop and think about! I am thankful He gives me days like today to remind me to be thankful always and have joy ALWAYS!

THANKS BE TO GOD!!

1 comments:

Runs With Scissors said...

I just got to read this post, Beth. You are an encouragement to me and I thank God for the way He has been working in your life in such a sweet, yet powerful way.
Love you.
Shirley