? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

One of those weeks


Buster-Man


Duke and Buster early years


His early years, before he turned gray


His last Christmas



I sit here today and rejoice that another week is going along. Last week (June 28-July 4) was very tough. My dear little friend, Buster, left us. I got Buster February 2000. I wanted a Chihuahua like the Taco Bell dog. I found an add for Chihuahuas and went to pick him up. When Rhyne and I got there, he was the last one left in the box and he was black as night. I didn't care, I wanted him! So, for the last ten years my little black dog has been with me. God brought Buster into my life when I needed him the most. I was having a tough time emotionally and Buster gave me joy. I loved being able to "take care" of something because I was having a hard time taking care of myself. God knew I needed a companion. Before Rhyne and I had human children, Buster and Duke (our Lab) were our children. We took these dogs everywhere!! Of course our priorities have changed since God blessed us with three children, but Buster still was my first in theory! Every night, Buster would cuddle up to me under the covers and sleep so soundly. I am still easing into the bed at night thinking "I don't want to smush Buster" - and he isn't there. I knew the day would come when our little friend would leave us, but I didn't expect to take it so hard. Justin was sweet enough to be with Buster when the vet put him to sleep and my Daddy buried him - thank you both so much. My sweet friend, Amy, made impressions of his little footprints for me (thank you Amy) (and Mary Claire for the prints you did)! I think I have cried everyday since last Monday. People say this all the time, but "there will never be another Buster"!! He was so unique. It will take me a while to get over losing him. *All you non-dog lovers probably don't understand this*

On top of losing my friend, I had minor surgery too. Wednesday I had surgery to remove some cysts, endometriosis, and scar tissue - gotta love being a woman! Thankfully we have wonderful family who always come to the rescue. The kids divided their time between Carrollton and Acona. Now we are trying to get back into the swing of things minus Buster.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Beth,

I am so glad that you have these pictures of Buster. He's so cute. I especially love the one of him in his sombrero.... that's pretty funny.

I know how much his absence hurts and it will take time to heal. We are so lucky to have them for the time they are here.

I hope you are feeling better after your surgery too. You are right, gotta love being a woman.

Praying for better days ahead.

Aunt Kay and Uncle James said...

James & I are so sorry about Buster. You & Rhyne have had Buster since ya'll got married in 2000. It is so hard when we lose our best friend. A dog loves us unconditionally and are always glad to see us & they have a way of always making us feel so loved. They are very protective of their owners & are so appreciative of our love to them. They depend on us for everything. An animal provides such great company & they are just what we need when we are experiencing loneliness. They provide such comfort to us. I'm sorry Buster is no longer with ya'll. They are family & it hurts so bad when we lose them & it is normal to miss them. After all they have been a part of our lives for a long time & are our family. It is sad & it hurts & it will take some time to heal & get accustom to not having them around anymore. Hard times.

Hope you are feeling better after your surgery, Beth. I had endometreosis (sp) also & know it was quite painful for me for many, many years. Hopefully, they removed yours & you will feel much better in time.

We look forward to seeing ya'll on Saturday. We love you all & can't wait to see ya'll this weekend. Give our sweet nephews & niece a big hug & kiss from us. Love ya'll very much.

Sunday's Child Clothing and Heirlooms said...

So sorry, Beth, I know our sweet pets can feel as much a part of the family as our children. I hope it gets a little better each day.