? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, June 20, 2011

Take me back..




My Mom's "Everyday" wedding pattern




An experienced cook would know what these are


used for, but we all know that's not me! But I


remember my Mom using these when she made


biscuits (not from the can)!




My Mom was a Chi Omega in college, so we have


tons of owls all over the house! This is a napkin


holder - it is older than me!






My mom makes homemade jelly so


lots of mason jars everywhere




This is part of a group of owl canisters she still has.


Probably older than me!





My mom crosstitched many things. I don't know


if she made these, but they have been around her house


for as long as I can remember!




This butcher block was from an actual butcher!


It has been in my Mom's kitchen forever!




These measuring spoons have been around longer


than me! She still uses them!




I used this artifact to mix the cupcake batter in!


It has the name of a cattle feed (or something) on it.


I remember this!!




The owls again!





I spent four days at home (my parents' house) last week so the boys could attend the VBS program at Westminster Pres. Church. One day, Ben wanted cupcakes so I decided to make some. Anyone who knows me and my Mom knows I cannot cook and she cooks everything from scratch! I have a hard time navigating around her meticulous kitchen! Anyway, while I was "cooking", I ran across some things that made me think of my childhood. My Mom is known for not being sentimental - I am still getting over the fact that she gave away all the smocked dresses she made for me and Marice, that's right, we have no heirloom smocked dresses for our daughters!! So while in the kitchen, I noticed things that are probably older than me that she still has and why do these things have value and smocked dresses don't??? I will probably never know the answer!! One thing I have always liked is my parents still live in the same house I grew up in, so little artifacts still remain (even if the dresses have disappeared)!!!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

:) This post makes me smile. I love, love, to come across things from my past - just a cozy feeling.

Anonymous said...

I still actually use the things in the pictures. Once you and Marcie grew out of the smocked dresses, I didn't use them anymore, so I passed them along to someone who could use them!