? ??????????????Leave The Lights On? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (1 Rating)??87 Grabs Today. 666 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Stoned Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??87 Grabs Today. 608 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, April 7, 2011

"That Mom" - the over achiever


Ok, I am "that mom"! (on many levels, but I will talk about this one today)! Every Thursday, Will has to take something for show and tell that starts with the letter of the week they are studying. I have been dreading the letter "X" for a while. I don't have x-rays or a xylophone handy, so what was he going to take? I googled "things that start with 'x'" and couldn't pronounce any of the words! As I was about to give up, I stumbled across a Chinese word....."Xigua" (meaning- watermelon) - then I had a brilliant idea- I would send watermelon airheads for the class! This word started with "x" and the class would get a treat! On the way to school, I worked with Will to pronounce the word, even Ben and AP learned the word! So you can call me "that mom"- the one who goes to an extreme to be different or creative almost to the point of looking ridiculous??!! But at least when Will visits China one day (he says this will be our next summer vacation), he can ask for a watermelon in Chinese!!

0 comments: